Residents Medical is looking for tutors for the American Board of Surgery In-Training Examination (ABSITE). A qualified tutor must be comfortable with all aspects of General Surgery such as Patient Care (abdomen, alimentary tract, vascular, breast, endocrine), Medical Knowledge Categories (anesthesia, biostatistics, geriatric surgery, immunology, oncology, pharmacology, trauma/critical care), Radiology, and Ethics.
The ideal ABSITE tutor candidate:
- Passed the ABSITE exam within the previous two years
- Communicates effectively; works well in a teaching or mentor role; is encouraging and firm.
- Creates a thorough, manageable curriculum for the student to follow (including self-study) using questions as a foundation: 100 question exam after 50% completion of the curriculum; 150 question exam upon completion of the curriculum.
- Works with assigned students over 10 hours divided into multiple sessions. The tutor will focus on subjects and questions on which student is unclear based on studies that week.
- Ensures the student is on track with the curriculum by keeping in touch at least weekly to ensure compliance and adjust if needed.
- Communicates with Residents Medical regarding each student’s progress.